MEET OUR BIOKINETICISTS
Dr Susan Combrink
I am married to Dr. Xander Combrink, a Senior Lecturer in Nature Conservation at TUT and we have three boys. For 13 years, we experienced living very close to nature in the small town of St Lucia, situated in the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, KZN. We moved to Pretoria in December 2015 to provide our children with the opportunity to attend a secondary school without having to go to a boarding school. I believe one should appreciate what you have and make the most of every opportunity in life!
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation with specific emphasis on low back pain and postural correction
- Comprehensive lifestyle programs to help people achieve better quality of life, lose weight and address chronic lifestyle diseases
- Corporate, school and community based wellness programs
- Clinical Pilates
- BA(HMS), BA Hons, MA en DPhil Biokinetics – University of Pretoria
- MA – The effect of a multipurpose physical training program on chronic low back pain.
- DPhil – A critical analysis of the biokineticist role in the management of low back pain in the RSA
- Post-Doctoral Study – University of Zululand: Exercise therapy for human immunodeficiency virus/AIDS patients: Guidelines for clinical exercise therapists.
- Internship: Eskom (2 years)
- Private Practices: Interhealth Biokinetics - Witbank, Wilgeheuwel hospital, Randburg Virgin Active, St Lucia and Garsfontein (total of 14 years)
I am married to Michelle Dreeckmeier, a RAD Ballet teacher at Pro-Arte Dance Academy and we have two daughters. We have been living in Pretoria for the past 16 years. I am an avid sport enthusiast and competed in various sporting disciplines. I believe that sport plays a valuable part in living a healthy life!
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation with specific emphasis on hip, knee and back pain
- Sport rehabilitation
- Diabetes (especially children with diabetes)
- BA(HMS ) – University of Stellenbosch
- BA Hons - Biokinetics – University of Pretoria
- Internship: UNISA and Sidney Sport academy in Australia (2 years)
- Private Practices: Sandton, Bedfordview, Garsfontein Secondary School and Garsfontein (total of 16 years)